Monday 13 February 2023

Somebody I Use To Know Review

 

My Review of Somebody I Used To Know.

So I saw Somebody I Used To Know last week, and here's my review of it...I really enjoyed this film. I thought it was funny and a good movie to watch. The film is about a character named Ally, played by Alison Brie, who is fantastic in the film. Ally owns her own talk show that gets canceled after three seasons, and she goes back home to see her mom and rethink her life. She reunites with her ex Sean played, Jay Ellis, whose getting married but has doubts too. We meet his finance Cassidy played by Kiersey Clemons, who wants to be a punk rock star; she doesn't like her parents because she's bisexual, and she's not sure she wants to get married like Sean. It's funny but sad because it's not your typical romantic comedy film. Where the finance is awful and unfaithful because this movie has no villain. All three characters, Ally, Sean, and Cassidy, are all good people who question their futures. I like that this movie is about working out your problems, moving on from your past, and that we can all change for the ones we love. It's not like that, which I like because it's about working things out and moving on with your life. 

Dave Franco did a great job making this film. The funniest moment in the movie is when Ally and Cassidy streak and Sean's nephew wants to chase after them, but his dad stops them. I was laughing so hard at that scene. 
One thing I did love about this film was the Abed and Annie reunion, which excited me for the Community movie. I would recommend this film to anyone who is a Community fan.  
The movie's ending is very sweet and ends on a happy note. The whole cast did a great job in this film, and I had a great time watching it. 
I Give Somebody I Use To Know
8 out of 10, and go watch it. It's a feel-good movie and one of the best romantic comedies I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment