Tuesday 7 February 2023

Who would cast in the James Gunn's DCU

 

(Google Image)
Here are my casting choices for upcoming DCU films.
Now I'm only casting the film's main characters of the film and tv series.


First, Superman, if I were to cast Superman in the DCU, I know Gunn is going with an actor somewhere between his mid-20s or late 20s. My original choice was David Corenswet, but Gunn wants someone younger. So I would cast Wolfgang Novogratz. 
I just saw this guy, and I thought, wow, he could be a good Superman, and he looks the part. He's also 25 years old, the same age they want to cast Superman.

Now for Batman, Gunn has confirmed that the DCU Batman will be older than Superman but a few years older. I can see them casting an actor in his late 20s to mid-30s. So instead of a forty-year-old, they will go with a Batman a few years older than Clark but not that old. I originally went with Scott Eastwood, but if I had to cast someone. I would cast... Jack O'Connell. 
Jack was rumored to be in line to play Batman in The Batman. However, Jack was born in 90, and Wolfgang was born in 97. So he's only seven years apart, and that's okay. For Damian Wayne, I would just cast an unknown child actor around 10 to 12 years old. 

For Lanterns, since it's about Hal and John, I would cast...Scott Eastwood and Trevante Rhodes as Hal Jordan and John Stewart. Trevante will always be my first choice for John Stewart and Scott Eastwood. I originally cast him as Batman, but now I see him more as Hal Jordan.
I'm very excited to watch Lanterns. I hope it makes up for the 2011 film. 

For Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow, I would cast... Isabela May. For her performance in 1883.
 I am still determining if they will recast the Supergirl actress after the Flash, but who knows. They might still keep the actress.  

I would cast Glen Powell for Booster Gold since he is already a fan favorite. He was my original choice for Hal Jordan, but I can see him more as Booster Gold. 

I would cast Aaron Eckhart for Swamp Thing because it doesn't matter who you cast as long as they can do a scary voice.


For the The Authority movie, I would cast. 

Lewis Tan as Jack Cooper Hawksmoor 

Cara Delevingne as Jenny Sparks 

Nathalie Emmanuel as Angela Spica/Engineer 

Josha Staradowski as Jeroen Thorndike/The Doctor

Lana Condor as Swift 

Zachary Quinto as Midnighter 

Matt Bomer as Apollo 

Those are the actors I would cast as The Authority, and Authority is a very strange team to start with in Chapter 1. However, it could work, and maybe they are building up Justice League for Chapter two, or this is just half of chapter one, and they might announce a Justice League film at the end of Chapter one. 
(Google Image)
So that's my casting choices for the upcoming DCU projects. I didn't do Waller because Viola Davis will be Waller, Paradise Lost. The series will focus on Hippolyta, no doubt, and Creature Commandos; I need to learn about them. I just hope they cast good voice actors for the roles.
So let me know what you think. This will be my last DCU project for a while. 
   I'm going to be working on other stuff I got to do. 









No comments:

Post a Comment