Obsession Review
So I saw Obsession, and here is my review...I like it a lot, but I got to tell ya this film was scary. The story is about a guy named Bear who has a crush on Nikki, but he's too nervous to tell her how he feels. Until he gets a wish willow, and well, let's face it: if you've seen the movie, you know his wish is for Nikki to love him back, but it backfires as she becomes obsessed with him and won't leave him alone. Some disturbing moments and jump scares made me jump out of my seat. Also, I think we can all agree that Nikki was the victim in this story; she was not the villain of the film. Bear honestly never should have used that wish, because they always say, "Careful what you wish for." Or he could have made a wish like I wish Nikki and I went on a date, " but in truth he should have just sucked it up and asked her out, and if she said no and wanted to be friends, you move on and find someone, which was right in front of him, but he was too stupid to see.
Nikki was the victim, and you feel worse for him than you do with Bear because Bear was an idiot, and he shouldn't have made a wish like that. It’s funny because before Obsession, there were tons of stories that tackle this type of story, and the lesson is always: be careful what you wish for, and if that person only likes you as a friend, accept it and move on.
The cast of the film did a great job; Inde Navarrette was fantastic. She was scary, and we'll see her as Rogue in X-Men. Michael Johnson, Cooper Tomlinson, and Megan Lawless were great too.
.jpg)



.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment