Friday 30 November 2018

The Grinch Review

The Grinch Review 

So I saw the Grinch yesterday and here's my review of it.....It's okay. I mean I didn't love it or hate it. It's just an okay Christmas movie. It's not as great as the original Chuck Jones movie with Boris Karloff, but I will say and if you want argue about this with me okay but I like this Grinch film more than Jim Carrey's Grinch. Benedict Cumberbatch did a great job voicing the Grinch but to be honest his Grinch isn't that much of a Grinch not going to spoil anything but he's a little more nicer. This Grinch is more like a modern day everyday guy. I also like that him and Max are very close because let's face it, everyone would hate it if he abused Max like the Chuck Jones's Grinch did. Now one thing I did like was they gave the Grinch a better origin story then Jim Carrey's and not to mention, I love the design of Whoville and the Whos design in the movie were very good. Now the film's version of Cindy Lou Who I like. She's a good character who just wants to help her mom out and I think this version is a lot better than previous two incarnations. Now what I didn't like was Pharrell Williams as the narrator here's why Chuck Jones and Ron Howard had horror movie stars Boris Karloff and Anthony Hopkins narrating and I feel like they should have found a horror movie star to narrate this film. None the less I thought this film was okay and there were stuff I liked and stuff I didn't like. I give this film a 6 out of 10. Go see it if you want and maybe take you're family. You may like it or you may hate it like everyone does with Hollywood adaptions of Dr. Seuss's work.   

I like this film more than Ron Howard's Grinch deal with it, don't get me wrong I still love Jim Carrey's Grinch but I like this one more. 

But we can all agree this Grinch is the best Grinch of them all.




No comments:

Post a Comment