Thursday 10 August 2023

My Johnny Hardwick Tribute

 

Johnny Hardwick 
1958-2023
So if you haven't heard or not, the voice of Dale Gribble, Johnny Hardwick, sadly has died. His death shocked all of us, especially since they announced a King of the Hill Revival show. We lost Brittney and Tom, and now we have lost Johnny. Dale Gribble was one of the best characters in King of the Hill. The character was funny, had some great episodes, and there are so many memes with Dale now. 

LOL, Pocket Sand is such a classic Dale move. 

I don't know whether the revival will happen now because of Johnny's death. They might cancel it because they can't do it without Johnny. It would be hard to recast. 
Now if the revival still happens, what will happen to the character of Dale.
I think it would be harder to get rid of this character. I mean, with Luanne and Lucky, I've talked about that in the past I believe they will likely retire those characters. We will have their daughter Grace fill in the hole. 
I don't know what Mike will announce if they recast the character with a new actor. Maybe Steve O or Johnny Knoxville, or Toby Huss, the voice of Cotton Hill, could be suitable replacements. However, it depends on what he will announce after the news of Johnny's death. They might even kill Dale's character because the character smoked so many cigarettes, and he would have gotten lung cancer by now.  
However, if they do retire the character of Dale. Give that character a good send-off, like maybe we learn he always knew about his wife's affair, or perhaps to fill in the hole, we see Dale and Nancy had their own children, and those kids take after their dad just like Joesph does. 
I don't know what they will do, but whatever they decide, either recast or retire, or they may cancel the revival. I support whatever they do I support it.
Rip Johnny Hardwick 
He will never be forgotten, and my condolences to his family. 
He gives us years of entertainment as Dale Gribble, and we will never forget him. 
Dang it, Dale, you're fantastic.










No comments:

Post a Comment