Thursday 3 August 2023

My thoughts on the latest Fantastic 4 rumor

 

So there is a rumor that the first MCU Fantastic Four movie's lead will be Sue Storm/Invincible Woman.

Now I can see them doing this because, like I mentioned in one of my previous blogs, the character of Sue Storm needs to be done right because the last three films did the character wrong.
I doubt they will make Sue the leader of the Fantastic 4. That will still be her husband, Reed Richards, aka Mr. Fantastic. I think what they meant by lead, as in this movie, will be from this character's point of view. 
I think what Marvel is doing, and this makes sense to me, is that each film of this series will have a different point of view of each team member of the Fantastic 4.
I know some fans would want them to focus on all the characters like the Avengers movies did, and I get that. That could still work if it's done right because you need writers who tell the story from 4 POVs.
However, I think they want to do this because it would flesh out the characters like the first film is from Sue's POV, the second film is from Johnny's POV, the third is from Ben's POV, and the fourth is from Reed's POV. Something like that could work if that's the approach they are taking. As long they don't downgrade any members give each member, even if they aren't the point of view of the film, their moment that shines, that's fine.  
Fantastic 4 needs to be good, and I have some concerns they got the Wanda Vision writer directing it. 
I hope this film is good and they do each character right because Fantastic 4 has the worst luck with a good adaption. 
We shall see what the MCU does, but let's face it after Secret Invasion, I don't have much hope, to be honest. But I could be wrong, and it could turn out fine, depending on if Marvel just gets their act together. 
Let Me Know What You Think.
(Google Image)
Also, quick update Vanessa Kirby has been cast as Sue Storm in the new Fantastic 4 film
I got to say it's good casting. She looks like Sue Storm, and she's a good actress too. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment