Tuesday 10 October 2023

Hocus Pocus 2 Review

 

Hocus Pocus 2 Review

So, I saw Hocus Pocus 2 last night, and here's my review of it...It's okay. This film is not as good as the first film, and I didn't like how this film didn't bring back the original kids like Max, Allison, and Dani. There's not even any mention of them or where they are. In fact, I hear one of the actors wanted to be part of it and wanted it to be about her and her kids facing off against the witches again. I would prefer that over what we have in this film. However, I hear there is a third film in the works, and the original actors want to return for the third film. 

The film shows the origins of the witches, and we have three new characters named Becca, Izzy, and Cassie, played by Whiteny Peak, Belissa Escobedo, and Lillia Buckingham. Like the last characters, they bring back the witches by lighting the black candle. We see the witches in the modern day, and some funny moments are in the film. The film's characters are pretty good, and of course, the witches are the best thing in the whole movie. I have to say it's great seeing Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy back as the witches. The film's story is okay; overall, it's just a fun movie full of nostalgia bait. I prefer the first film over this one, and they are planning a third one. I would love to see the original cast from 1993 in this film and have a more exciting reunion and nostalgia bait. 

I give Hocus Pocus 2 a 6 out of 10. 
That's another Halloween Blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment